Private Food Tour & Greek Gastronomy in Athens.
Exploring the Greek gastronomy through a Private Food Tour in Athens can be a delightful and enriching experience.
Guess what! We have no fixed itinerary & stops. Yet, we adapt and improvise according to your taste and cravings. Needless to say, we got our spots and hidden gems but all our Private Food Tours are tailor-made!
In Athens, you can find literally everything from the famous pita gyros (succulent pork cuts wrapped in pita bread stuffed with tomato, tzatziki, onion and french fries) which stands for the official Greek street food to fine dining in several Michelin star restaurants. You name it, we will provide it!
We take extreme care and pride of all our private tours. We focus on your personal cravings, likes and dislikes, intolerances and allergies & we literally take it off.
Remember to stay hungry the day before joining the tour. Greeks are famous food pushers and we dont plan to change it 😉
PLEASE NOTE: This private food tour is not a typical walking tour in the historical city center of Athens. Yet, we go explore the hidden gems of Athens far away from the touristic crowds. Some travelling is involved but nothing scary 😉
Type: Culinary Tour
Suitability: Singles, Couples, Families, Groups
Location: City of Athens
Duration: Half or Full Day
Sights & Activities: Varvakeios Open Market, Athens Historical City Center (Monastiraki & Plaka), & Piraeus
Cost: From 250 EUR per person
Availability: Upon Request
Please read carefully our Terms & Conditions before booking.
#Athens #VisitAthens #PrivateFoodTour #Greece #Cullinary #FoodTour #Acropolis #Culture
What is included
- Professional English speaking tour leader
- Luxury private transfers in Mercedes Vito mini vans or similar (A/C, WiFi, leather seats)
- Hotel pick up & drop off
- VAT, petrol, toll fees, parking fees, taxes & service fees
- Breakfast & Lunch with drinks (or Breakfast and Dinner)
- Carbon Neutral roadtrip
What is NOT included
- All meals and drinks (visiting local restaurants and food arrangements can be organised though without extra charges)
- Travel Insurance
- Flight tickets to/ from Athens/ Thessaloniki (We strongly advise you to check www.swoodoo.com the best flight tickets search engine, for the best airfare deals.)
- Process fees when paying with credit/ debit card (app. 3-4%)
- Whatever has not been mentioned clearly
For your own personal safety & peace of mind be extremely aware of very low cost tours and offers. The companies offering them may be operating illegally.
Make sure that the tour company you select is registered under the Greek National Tourism Organization & Ministry of Tourism. All legally operating tour companies is mandatory to carry a license number.
Our GNTO NUMBER is: 1351E70000037401.